Whether you need extra room for your growing family or simply want a bigger home, extending will not only increase its value, it can also make your entire home more functional.
If you’re needing a change, here are 7 reasons to extend your home:
1. You Want to Stay in Your NeighborhoodFinding a neighborhood that fits your family and is conveniently located to great schools and amenities is a real rarity. Don’t make your kids leave their friends, extending your home can keep you in the place you like best. Being able to extend and tailor your current home can enable you to stay in the neighborhood that you love.
2. You Want to Avoid Buying a New HouseYou’ve already gone through the hassle of buying and selling a home. It can be a headache - you’ll need to sell your home, time the moving just right, organize removalists, storage, mail forwarding, service providers, packing, unpacking, the list goes on, and to top it all off pay stamp duty - tens of thousands of dollars just thrown down the drain.. Extending is one of the easier ways to tailor your home without the headache of buying and selling all over again.
3. You Want to Increase ValueIncreasing the value on your home by way of extending is the best return for your home.
With Melbourne’s high population growth, adding a bedroom significantly increases your property value by up to $150,000.
Having an extra bathroom or ensuite is a must for many families and can add value to your property upwards of $100,000.
Whether you work from home or simply require a place for the kids to do their homework, a dedicated study is a smart idea. More people now than ever are working from home and therefore require a home office. A good home office can add great value of $100,000.
4. Your Family is GrowingOne of the main reasons people undertake a home extension is to accommodate a growing family. You might be welcoming a tiny new arrival or maybe the kids have reached that age where they need their own rooms and space. Another great way to accommodate a growing family is the parent’s retreat. A parent’s retreat usually consists of a large bedroom, ensuite, walk in robe and sitting area and is your little slice of heaven after a hard days work.
5. You Want to Go GreenAn energy efficient home extension means you save money on your bills whilst looking after the environment.
Double glazed windows, better insulation options, passive solar, a design that utilises your block’s orientation and more, all contribute to the benefits of having a custom built home.
6. Choices.The choice is yours!
Need more room for the kids? Want a home theater, gym or even an indoor pool? Do you work from home and need a large quiet office space? Almost anything is possible when you decide to do a home extension. When designing your own home extension you have complete control – from the planning phase to the style of taps used in the ensuite. Having a say in what construction materials, fixtures and fittings are used means that you can influence the overall standard of the build.
7. Competitive Pricing.A tailored home design that fits your budget!
A major misconception about home extensions is that they are expensive. The truth is that home extensions represent real value for money and homes can be designed to accommodate most any budget. It also allows for complete transparency as you the home owners are making all the choices.
Building a home extension not only caters to your needs and lifestyle but also to your budget.